|Saturday 7/31: MLB 5* Golden Total-Astros/Giants (4:05 ET). MLB totals 13-8 (62%) L21. MLB 10* Game of the Week-Orioles/Tigers (6:10 ET). MLB 10* Top Plays 20-8 (71%) L28. All 10* Top Plays 74-52 (59%) L126.|
MLB | Jul 30, 2021
Phillies vs Pirates
|OVER 9 -105||
|Play Type: Top Premium|
Phillies (Velazquez) @ Pirates (Crowe) 7:05 PM ET
Play On: Over 9.0 (10*)
Philadelphia has played 9-1 to the over in their last 10 away and there was a combined average of 13.5 runs scored per game. The Phillies will be facing Pittsburgh righthander William Crow today. Crowe has allowed an alarmingly high 8 home runs during 29 2/3 innings pitched in his last 6 starts. That’s noteworthy since Philadelphia has smashed 12 home runs over their previous 7 games. Vincent Velazquez has been horrible during his previous 4 starts while posting a 10.91 ERA and 2.04 WHIP. Velazquez has also been prone to giving up the long ball as well in 2021. That’s been especially apparent throughout those previous 4 starts when he surrendered 7 home runs in only 15 2/3 innings of work. Velazquez has pitched 2-0 to the over during his career at PNC Park in Pittsburgh with a hefty 7.15 ERA and 1.82 WHIP. The Phillies bullpen has a lofty 1.67 WHIP throughout its last 7 games, and they’ve been a disaster for a better part of the past 2 seasons.
William Crowe has amassed a large 7.57 ERA and 1.82 WHIP in 8 starts at night this season. The Pirates are coming off being swept in a 3-game series versus Milwaukee who has arguably the best pitching staff in baseball. Pittsburgh went just 13-for-91 (.143 BA) in that 3-game set. However, the Pirates have played 9-0 to the over this season following a 3-game stretch in which they recorded a team batting average of .175 or worse. The Pirates have also played 6-0-1 to the over during its last 7 at home when the total was 9.0 or greater and there were a combined 14.0 runs scored per game. Bet on the over for a 10* Top Play wager.
PREMIUM PICK STREAKS
Ross Benjamin has made his reputation in the sports handicapping industry by being one of the sharpest prognosticators over the last 17 years. Included in professional sports handicapper Ron Raymond’s 2008 published book “50 Greatest Sports Betting Secrets” he probably says it best. “One of the most underrated and sharpest sports handicappers I know is Ross Benjamin”.
Ross’ sports betting advice is simple yet prophetic. “if you want to be a successful sports handicapper then start by thinking like a bookmaker”.
Ross has been publicly in the sports betting industry full time since early 2003 and has never looked back. Any Google search on Ross Benjamin Sports reaffirms his commitment to winning, professionalism, honesty, and integrity.
Ross is currently a featured sports betting writer and video analyst for OSGA. He has been in that role since 2017. Additionally, Ross is a former writer/video analyst for Sportsbook Review from 2011 to 2017
However, there’s nothing Ross enjoys more than picking winners in the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAA Football, and NCAA Basketball. He’s met that challenge and passed the test for the last 18 years running.
Ross is the past winner of the “Playbook Invitational Football Wise Guy Contest” while also finishing in the Top 5 on 3 other separate occasions.
Below is a list of more sports handicapping achievements by Ross Benjamin.
• #1-2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Regular Season: 116-77 (60.1%) at Sports Watch
• #6-2011 March Madness- 28-21 (57.1%) at Sports Watch
• #1-2008 March Madness: 29-17 (63%) at the Oklahoma Sports Monitor.
• #1-2007 NFL Playoffs in Net Profit: 9-2 (81.8%) at the Oklahoma Sports Monitor.
• #1-NHL 2005-2006 Season at Big Guy Sports Monitor.
• #1-2003 College Football Season: 45-23 (66.2%) at Sportswire.
• #7-2015 MLB Season at Sportscapping.
• #3-2014/2015 NHL Season at Sportscapping.
• #6-2012 NFL Preseason at Sportscapping.
• #7-2011/2012 NHL Season at Sportscapping.
• #8-2011 NFL Season at Sportscapping.
• #2-2011 NFL Preseason at Sportscapping.
• #9-2010 NFL Season at Sportscapping.
•Former sports betting analyst on the Bob Mathews Show on WHAM 1180 AM in Rochester, New York every Thursday night during the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 football seasons.
•Weekly guest on the Sam and Brad Show on WAKR 1590 AM in Akron, Ohio during the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 football seasons.
•Host of The Ross Benjamin Show: From 09/12 to 03/13 on Sports Talk Radio 1280 AM WHTK in Rochester, New York (current call letters are Fox Sports AM 1280)
•Host of Winning Sports Advice in 2012 on Blog Talk Radio.
•Host of Ross Benjamin Show on Sports Journey Network from April,2009 to July, 2010
•Host of Phoenix Sports Ticket Radio Show in 2006
Additional Guest Radio Appearances since 2007
• KFNS AM 590 "The Fan"-St. Louis, Missouri
• WAXY AM 790 ESPN- Miami, Florida
• WHBQ AM 560- Memphis, Tennessee
• WHTK AM 1280- Rochester, New York (Friday drive time hour)
• WJOX AM 690- Birmingham. Alabama
• KTIK AM 1350 ESPN-Boise, Idaho
• WJDX AM 620-Jackson, Mississippi
• CKST AM 1040-Vancouver, British Columbia (aired during the Jim Rome Show)
• KTKR AM 760 "The Ticket"-San Antonio, Texas
• KZNS AM 1280 "The Zone" Salt Lake City, Utah
• Locker Room Picks Show (Pilot-2013) hosted by Jennifer X. Williams for the CBS Sports Network.